Gundrills can reach almost endless depth, resulting in excellent straightness and close tolerance, though at a relatively lower speed.
- Depth: 6000mm
- Feed: 0.05~0.12mm/r
- RPM: 60~80 rpm
- Materials of gundrills: carbide, PCD, CBN
- Advantages: straightness and close tolerance IT7, Ra0.5~2
- Application: hydraulic holes, tube plates
- OEM/ODM: Customized logo, packaging (MOQ 10 pieces)
- Lead time:
- 1 – 50 pieces: 10 days
- >50 pieces: 15 days
- Shipping fee: please contact for an immediate quotation
- Supply: Wholesale or factory OEM supply
Gundrill was initially for making deep holes when making guns, requiring high straightness and precision in diameter. Therefore, gundrilling must reach “endless” depth, resulting in excellent straightness and close tolerance. The hole quality achieved by the gundrilling process equals reaming or boring. Compared to other deep hole drilling methods, such as solid carbide deep hole drilling and BTA drilling, the disadvantage of gundrilling is the relatively lower penetration rate.
The gundrilling process begins from a precise pre-drilled pilot hole or drills bushing if the process is operated on a deep hole drilling machine. The coolant is fed through the coolant hole in the tool, and the chips are exhausted through the V-shaped groove (flute) on the drill tube from the drilled hole. Gundrilling technology has been developed and used in broader applications, such as deep hydraulic holes, tube plates in the energy industry, etc.
Inquiry Code Items Flute Hole Diameter
Notes GD-1201 Single Flute gundrill 1 D2~D200 Brazed carbide head GD-1202 Two Flute gundrill 2 D2~D200 For non-ferrous materials GD-1203 Indexable gundrill 1/2 D12~D28 With indexable inserts GD-1204 Solidcarbide gundrills 1/2 D0.7~D12 Higher Penetration Rates GD-1205 Step gundrills 1 Custom Manufactured per drawings
- To receive a correct replacement or full credit, kindly inform us within 14 days of receipt, in case the item you received is faulty. In the case of returned goods that are not defective, there will be a 20% return handling fee deducted from the original purchase price. Please ensure that the returned goods reach us within 14 days of the original purchase date, otherwise no credit will be issued. Contact us for more details in Return and Refund policies. If you decide to return and apply for refund, please download and fill in the Return Form, and attached the file to: firstname.lastname@example.org